Backbone Production Suite – On-Air from Everywhere
Harness the power of Online radio with totally integrated tools and services from Backbone Networks. Everything you need to produce and deliver your programs is here in an easy to use, professional broadcasting suite. Your program quality, your listener interactivity and your success all go hand-in-hand. You concentrate on the creative and business aspects, and we provide the products to help your station prosper…on all levels.
Your studio is wherever you are — without the limitations of physical infrastructure. With an Internet connection you are live on the air. Everything is done for you in the cloud. All you need is “a Mac®, a mixer and a mic.
Produce in the cloud, creating a 24/7 station online, then deliver your best shows to AM/FM and satellite stations worldwide. All done in the cloud — compatible with existing station gear.
Cover remote events, and take calls during halftime. Tie in studio quality interviews from the field or locker room. Conference-in hosts and feeds from other games. Let your producer do his magic from back home.
The easiest tools give you the most powerful programming. A single interface controls call-in lines and studio quality co-hosts, guests and correspondents. Bundled with LUCI Global® for instant remotes using iPads or iPhones.
Turnkey Online Professional Radio Station
Live and Automated—Designed for Producers
With Just a Mac™, a Mixer & a Mic
This is Real Radio, Like No Other. Radio veterans say they feel at home on the air with Backbone Radio, because it is based on real radio operation. And it does so much more. With Backbone Radio, your transmitter is “in the cloud”—as is your automation system. This is what gives you incredible mobility and unparalleled on-air reliability.
Produce professional radio using first rate broadcast tools
- Turnkey 24/7 station platform—for Sports/News/Talk and Music
- Includes everything, from production software to streaming
- Easy-to-use Mac apps: Producer and Talent, intuitive and friendly
- Live-assist StopSet module in Producer for breaks and on-air clips
- Powerful automation, includes automatic playlist generation
- Record programs direct to the Library, then publish as podcasts
- Auto “news holes” fetch/play the newest feed (traffic, weather)
- Your Brand, Your Content—You maintain complete control
Multi-Line Broadcast Phone System
Integrated for in-Studio and Remotes
Professional Radio Call-in System
The broadcast industry’s most versatile, powerful telephone system developed specifically for professional Talk/News/Sports stations. This cloud-based phone system gives you the freedom to broadcast live from virtually anywhere and stay connected with your listeners in the middle of the action.
Engage your Talk/News/Sports listeners professionally
- Truly mobile, take your phone system anywhere
- No phone lines, equipment, or capital expense
- Your own phone number in any city, or toll-free
- Screener and Talent can be in remote locations (Mac based)
- Crank Line™ digital off-air call recording
- Take/Make calls, Conference, Dump, Block—up to 10 lines
- Accepts and forwards texts to your email or phone
Remote Host/Guest System via Mac/PC, plus
Studio-Quality on iPhone™ or iPad™, by LUCI®
Your Station—from Everywhere
Your Station Anywhere. This means you can produce your radio shows from everywhere, simultaneously. Conference studio quality live feeds from your co-hosts around the world, guests and field reporters, who require nothing more than an iPhone or iPad, using the included Luci® Global app. Co-Host uses the same interface as Backbone Talk™, so your producer can conference callers and your worldwide talent on one screen.
Produce your radio shows with distributed hosts & guests
- No phone lines, extra equipment, or capital expense
- Connect via Phones, Tablets, PC or Mac®—Studio Quality
- Integrated with Luci® Global—includes your mobile apps
- Unlimited remote users—equip all your reporters
- Conference hosts, guests and reporters together, at will
- Unlimited usage—24/7—One flat rate
Apple Macintosh System Requirements
- Intel based Macintosh capable of running
- OS X 10.8+
- Apple Java 6 and
- Oracle supplied java 7.x
- QuickTime 7.x or later
- Hard disk: 100MB available minimum, 150MB per 100 songs or audio clips (estimated)
- Audio input for live sessions, or low latency USB audio converter
A high quality internet connection that is capable of supporting Voice over IP. This is an internet connection with the following characteristics:
- Upstream bandwidth 1MB/s
- Packet loss < 1% (0.5% preferred)
- Round Trip packet transmit time < 200ms
- Jitter < 30 ms
- UDP and TCP traffic allowed out
- ftp allowed out
To test the capability of your internet connection run the 8×8 VoIP test. This test requires a 64-bit browser that supports Java such as Safari. The Chrome browser does not currently support this test.
Network ports out for control/telephony are 5062, 6660-7000 and 9990-9999. If you can’t connect to the phone system, these ports will likely need to be opened on your network by your IT department.
Mix-Minus – For your Talent phone computer — set up a mix minus with your mixing board auxiliary output.
- LUCI Global client on their smartphone
- An entry in the LUCI Global directory